We are an anonymous exchange community for fan fiction and fan art featuring Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson, as seen in the 2009 film Sherlock Holmes. The community works much like a Secret Santa exchange, with participants signing up to request a piece of art or fic, then creating a gift for another participant based on that person's request. The gifts are turned in to the mods, posted by the mods, and will remain anonymous until all gifts have been posted.
How to Join
At this time, community membership is open, and all posts are unlocked and open to everyone.
Rules for Participation
* If you request a gift, you must create a gift for someone else. This is an exchange; therefore by signing up you agree to contribute a work of fiction or art. If you drop out of the exchange, do not turn in a gift, or create a gift that does not match the request, you will not receive a gift in return.
* We kindly ask that you not sign up if you have had problems completing fest submissions in the past.
* Journals created within two months of the sign-up date will not be permitted to participate, nor will empty journals. This is to ensure that everyone who signs up for the fest is familiar with livejournal, serious about participating, and will complete their assignments. If you have had your journal for fewer than two months and would really like to participate, please contact the mods directly. We will look at all requests on a case-by-case basis. Please note that each sign-up is at the mod's discretion.
* This community will feature all ratings, from G to NC-17. Higher-rated posts will remain unlocked, so please use discretion and think before you click, particularly if you are too young to view sexually explicit materials in your state or country of residence. If you request a gift rated R or above, you must have an age statement visible on your profile saying that you are 18 years or older.
Rules for Gift Submissions
* All fics must feature a relationship between Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson, as seen in the 2009 film. Gen fic, friendship fic, and implied relationship fics are very much allowed, but only if their other romantic relationships do not overshadow Holmes and Watson's relationship. Crossovers are also fine, but only if requested and only if the other characters do not take over the fic. AUs are also permitted, but only if requested. RPF is not permitted, unless requested and as part of a crossover. Please keep in mind that the focus of the fest is Holmes/Watson and that their relationship should be the focus of your gift.
* This exchange is for fic and art based on Holmes and Watson from the 2009 Sherlock Holmes film. You are welcome to incorporate information and details from the stories or other adaptations, but characterizations should reflect the 2009 film. Many participants may not be familiar with the stories or other adaptations, so we are trying to keep it as simple as possible. If you will be disappointed receiving a gift based on the film, please consider whether or not this is the right exchange for you.
* All ratings are welcome, from G to NC-17.
* Any characters engaging in sexual activity in the fics and artwork must be 16 or older. There are no exceptions to this rule. All headings must have disclaimers to this effect. Mentions of past sexual activity are acceptable as long as they are not explicit.
* Fics must have a minimum of 1000 words; there is no maximum. Artwork should be at least 400x400 pixels and unsigned. The work must be original and unposted, and should not be part of or based on a previously posted series. Photo manipulations or other edited photography will not be permitted. All gifts should reflect the time and effort that the creator put into creating it.
* All fics must be beta read before submission. The moderator will read over every fic that is submitted for this fest to check that a) the fic adheres to the request and fulfills it, b) that the heading has been filled out properly, with appropriate warnings, and c) for overall readability. Moderators reserve the right to return gifts that fail to meet the request of the recipient or do not meet standards for length or quality. (In other words, please do not start your fic thirty minutes before the deadline. We don't expect artistic or literary genius, but your piece should reflect time, thought, and effort.) If we feel that your fic has not been properly betaed (i.e. there are multiple typos or grammar errors) then we will return your fic to you to be re-betaed. Likewise, any fic or art that does not adhere to the recipient's likes/dislikes list will be returned to be fixed.
* Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the submission deadline. No revisions will be permitted after submission, except at the mod's discretion. If you have not completed your gift by this date, please contact the mod as soon as possible. Extensions may be available, but will be granted at the mod's discretion.
Rules for General Participation
* Rudeness will not be tolerated. Constructive criticism is fine, but flames are not appropriate. Anyone who breaks this rule may be banned without notice.
* All fics and art must remain anonymous until the end of the exchange when artist and writer identities are revealed. If you guess in advance -- because let's face it, sometimes it's obvious –- please refrain from saying so outright in comments. If you do, your comment will be deleted or screened until reveals. Please do not discuss identifying details about your submission on your personal journal.
* Do not cross-post your submission until after the reveal.
February 1st: Sign-ups begin February 10th: Sign-ups close
Assignments will be sent out within two weeks.
April 24th: Submissions are due May 10th: Posting begins Mid-June: Reveals go up
Leave a comment to this post or email the mod at email@example.com.